FIRST TIME HOME BUYER’S RESOURCES
Buying your first home can be a very exciting yet sometimes stressful experience.
It may seem stressful because this is the first time you have had to make all of these decisions. The good news is that your Coldwell Banker Thompson Real Estate Sales Representative deals with these questions everyday. Contact one of our Sales Representatives so that you can be fully informed as you begin the search for your first home.
BUYING RECREATIONAL PROPERTY
Thinking of buying a recreational property and not sure where to start? Confused over which town or lake might be most suitable for your family?
- What size of lake is most suitable for my needs?
- Are you looking for big lake boating or the typical Algonquin experience of paddling peacefully in a canoe without the noise of motorboats or jetskis?
- How close do I want to be to a town center and which geographical area or areas would be suitable, Huntsville, Lake of Bays, Almaguin Highlands, Restoule, Port Loring?
- What type of property am I looking for, private with acreage or smaller and more manageable?
- Is the shore road allowance open or closed? Is the septic system in good working order?
- Is there a dug well, drilled well or is the water coming from the lake or river?
- Is the property accessible year round or is it a seasonal property?
These are only a few of the many items of concern when buying a recreational property. Our Sales Representatives know the Muskoka, Almaguin Highlands, Restoule and Port Loring regions better than anyone else and look forward to helping you find your piece of paradise.
Prices can vary greatly depending on lake and location. You may pay quite a lot more for a property on Lake of Bays than you would on a smaller lake like Waseosa, Fox or Clear Lake, or on a lake further north. Contact one of our very qualified agents so that they can help you determine the answers to the questions above and get you focused in the right direction.
Tips for Selling your Home or Cottage
Your home is a perfect fit for your family and you – but not for everyone. When selling your home, establishing the right first impression is crucial.
If your home is dominated by personal effects, buyers are less likely to be able to visualize the property as their own. Ensuring your home is well kept, tidy and free of clutter, and decorated with neutral colours requires a minimal amount of time and expense to complete, but can dramatically increase the saleability of your property, and help you realize the best price obtainable.